British Virgin Islands - Partner
- +1 284 393 9620
Paul is a Partner of Zolfo Cooper BVI and has specialised in insolvency cases involving instances of fraud and international asset tracing and recovery from the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the United States of America, Hong Kong/China, Panama and Russia.
Paul is an insolvency practitioner licensed by the Financial Services Commission in the British Virgin Islands. Paul is a fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, a fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals, a fellow of the Insolvency Practitioners Association (UK), a member of the Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association in the BVI, a member of INSOL International and a licensed non appointment taking Insolvency Practitioner in the UK.
Paul has over 15 years' experience in insolvency, with over five of these years with Zolfo Cooper Caribbean in both the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands.
Major recent projects:
- Liquidations of two BVI based Madoff feeder funds that suffered $multi-billion losses including management of litigations brought by the Liquidators against service providers
- Assisting US Court Appointed Receivers in securing and recovering assets held through BVI holding companies for US listed companies
- Personal bankruptcy of a convicted mortgage fraudster in the UK, where proceeds were transferred to Mauritius, that resulted in ₤multi-million recovery for a major UK high street bank
- Court Appointed Receivership of a UK solicitor's client account, following a freezing order, in the investigation and recovery of the traceable proceeds of a ₤multi-million mortgage fraud conducted against several UK high street banks
- Provisional and Official Liquidations of the treasury function of a multinational milk and dairy producer with losses of over $10bn and significant third party litigation
- Official Liquidation of the corporate offshore vehicle for a US based hedge fund including litigation against a US based investment management business. This case required a Scheme of Arrangement to alter the permissible method of distribution of Liquidation funds due to a disputed Net Asset Value of the fund
Paul’s expertise covers:
- Insolvent Liquidations of Companies, including Funds
- International Asset Tracing and Fraud Investigations
- Cross Border Insolvency Proceedings
- Receiverships, Formal Insolvency Appointments and Solvent Liquidations
- Onshore and Offshore Law Firms and Insolvency Practitioners
- Onshore and Offshore Financial Institutions
- US Court Appointed Receivers
- Registered Agents
- Victims of Fraud
- Trustees and Beneficiaries of Offshore Trusts