British Virgin Islands - Senior Manager
- +1 284 852 9620
Paul is a Senior Manager at Zolfo Cooper BVI and has specialised in insolvency cases involving instances of fraud and international asset tracing and recovery. He is particularly interested in complex fraud investigations and exploring the role of an insolvency practitioner in any interplay between civil and criminal litigation.
Paul is a fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, a fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals, a member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association and a licenced non appointment taking Insolvency Practitioner in the UK. Paul has over 14 years' experience in insolvency, two of these years with Zolfo Cooper Cayman. Prior to relocating to the BVI, he spent three years working for a top 5 accounting firm in the UK mainly seeking to recover assets for UK high street banks and other victims of organised crime, particularly mortgage fraud.
Major recent projects:
- Personal bankruptcy of a convicted mortgage fraudster in the UK, where proceeds were transferred to Mauritius, that resulted in ₤multi-million recovery for a major UK high street bank
- Court Appointed Receivership of a UK solicitor's client account, following a freezing order, in the investigation and recovery of the traceable proceeds of a ₤multi-million mortgage fraud conducted against several UK high street banks
- Provisional and Official Liquidations of the treasury function of a multinational milk and dairy producer with losses of over $10bn and significant third party litigation
- Official Liquidation of a Dominican Republic bank, responsible mainly for recovery of a distressed mortgage loan portfolio
- Official Liquidation of the corporate offshore vehicle for a US based hedge fund including litigation against a US based investment management business. This case required a Scheme of Arrangement to alter the permissible method of distribution of Liquidation funds due to a disputed Net Asset Value of the fund.
Paul’s expertise covers:
- Insolvent Liquidations of Companies, including Funds
- International Asset Tracing and Fraud Investigations
- Cross Border Insolvency Proceedings
- Formal Insolvency Appointments and Solvent Liquidations
- UK lawyers
- Offshore Law Firms
- Financial institutions
- Registered Agent